Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Where Did This Mold Come From, and Should I Just Ignore It?
Molds have been in our environment for ages, but the discussion of molds as an indoor problem and appropriate remediation procedures is a recent development. Dr. Elliott Horner has summarized the major points of discussion made during the 1990s. Moisture problems must be fixed when molds colonize on interior surfaces. Use of biocides should be the last option for cleaning.
The Health Canada Guide stipulates that gloves and respirators should be used even for removing small-scale mold contamination of less than 3 sq. ft. Air filtration devices, containment barriers and HEPA vacuums are necessary for large-scale mold contamination of more than 100 sq. ft. This is just one reason a professional is ALWAYS recommended to remove any suspected mold.
Human health may be at risk when molds grow excessively in an indoor environment. While molds are around us all of the time, increased exposures to large colonies of fungi can lead to 8 EPA Mold Remediation in Schools and Commercial Buildings. We may become more sensitive to the presence of molds and even experience symptoms of mold exposure. These symptoms can range from small allergies, to cognitive issues.
Don't let mold sit around, call us at SERVPRO of S Lancaster County.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (717) 464-5500
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Southern Lancaster County for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Southern Lancaster County has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Willow Street
- Peach Bottom
- New Providence